1. Assist with the month and quarter end closing of the general ledger, prepare month-end journal entries, evaluate account balances, and prepare analyses in conjunction with preparation of journal entries and balance reconciliations of the advertising funds / companies.
2. Assist in the research and determination of how to account for new transactions, which may include review of contracts, research of technical literature and developing proposals for accounting treatment.
3. Review P&L and general and administrative (G&A) statements for accuracy and distribute as necessary and provide financial support to assigned G&A cost center owners regarding cost center charges, variances, and other financial related issues. Assist in the monthly analysis of the financial statements and various budget versus actual schedules to ensure expenses are recorded in the appropriate period.
4. Perform reconciliations and analysis of corporate balance sheet and P&L accounts and bank accounts.
5. Prepare assigned financial statements and footnotes for financial reporting group and provide information and supporting schedules to financial statements for external auditors.
7. Communicate with coworkers, highly visible levels of management, and other groups in a courteous and professional manner.
8. Participate in special projects as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
* Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate preferred.
* 2-4 years accounting experience.
* Prior accounting experience with GL accounting systems, ORACLE and Hyperion preferred.
* QSR accounting experience preferred.
* Team player who is detail oriented, with ability to plan work effectively, work independently with minimal supervision and minimal to no errors, meet the deadlines assigned, and make sound decisions.
* Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
* Requires good communication, analytical and organizational skills.
* A desire to work with and communicate with management and a high level of personal confidence.
* Command of accounting principles and procedures necessary for maintaining proper company books and records to ensure accurate accounting in accordance with GAAP.
* Proficient in Microsoft EXCEL, word processing, and some database applications knowledge in a Windows PC environment.