PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Assist in performing the corporate accounting function including the month-end close, review of corporate general and administrative costs, balance reconciliations, bank reconciliations, preparation of various analysis, and to assist with quarterly and year-end audits, assisting with process improvement initiatives, and department goals through the effective administration of the general ledger system.
1. Assist with the month and quarter end closing of the general ledger, prepare month-end journal entries, evaluate account balances, and prepare analyses in conjunction with preparation of journal entries and balance reconciliations of the advertising funds / companies.
2. Assist in the research and determination of how to account for new transactions, which may include review of contracts, research of technical literature and developing proposals for accounting treatment.
3. Review P&L and general and administrative (G&A) statements for accuracy and distribute as necessary and provide financial support to assigned G&A cost center owners regarding cost center charges, variances, and other financial related issues. Assist in the monthly analysis of the financial statements and various budget versus actual schedules to ensure expenses are recorded in the appropriate period.
4. Perform reconciliations and analysis of corporate balance sheet and P&L accounts and bank accounts.
5. Prepare assigned financial statements and footnotes for financial reporting group and provide information and supporting schedules to financial statements for external auditors. 6. Maintain financial internal controls in performance of assigned processes to maintain accuracy and reliability of financial information to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
7. Communicate with coworkers, highly visible levels of management, and other groups in a courteous and professional manner.
8. Participate in special projects as needed. EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
* Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate preferred. EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION:
* 2-4 years accounting experience.
* Prior accounting experience with GL accounting systems, ORACLE and Hyperion preferred.
* QSR accounting experience preferred. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
* Team player who is detail oriented, with ability to plan work effectively, work independently with minimal supervision and minimal to no errors, meet the deadlines assigned, and make sound decisions.
* Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
* Requires good communication, analytical and organizational skills.
* A desire to work with and communicate with management and a high level of personal confidence.
* Command of accounting principles and procedures necessary for maintaining proper company books and records to ensure accurate accounting in accordance with GAAP.
* Proficient in Microsoft EXCEL, word processing, and some database applications knowledge in a Windows PC environment. PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES: Experience with Oracle or other major ERP systems DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: This position has no decision-making authority. DIRECT REPORTS: This position has no direct reports.