Primary Location: MA-MADedham-270 Bridge St
Description OUR MISSION AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission. Come be part of a fast paced, ever changing environment and change lives while you're at it!SUMMARY
The Staff Accountant provides general accounting support, maintains accounts and ledgers, assists in preparation of journal entries, conducts research to ensure balance sheet reconciliations are properly completed, and provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Provides general accounting support to the business. Assists with audit preparations.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts including documentation of business transactions.
- Prepares analyses for month-end general ledger journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts as needed
- Performs analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts and aids in the review of accounting activity for the period.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements for accuracy, consistency, and completeness of all relevant information.
- Performs capital asset transactions through the processing of capital expenditure request forms, asset disposal/transfer forms, and assigning tags.
- Assists with establishing, modifying, documenting, and coordinating implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Ensures Sarbanes Oxley compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.