POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant GL-- Restaurant Accounting
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant -- Restaurant Accounting
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To contribute to the achievement of company and department goals through the compilation and review of the financial statements. Compliance with all accounting policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley requirements is expected.
- Ensure accurate P&L's each period through exception query investigation and resolution continuing through the answering of Operations P&L questions completed by week 4.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations accurately completed by the deadline set by published accounting calendar with all unusual items properly followed up on and completely examined.
- Properly and timely prepare closing entries and input table information for general ledger close each period.
- Review area and district G&A statements each period.
- Provide high levels of customer service to Restaurant Managers, AS's and DO's.
- Assist where needed in validating accuracy of polled sales through the use of exception query investigations and resolution of issues. Reconcile cash and credit card deposits using TRECS
- Communicate accounting procedures to operations and provide support so that all restaurants are in compliance.
- Assist Region FP&A with budgeting and Analysis as needed.
- Review period Inventory, Food Cost & Utility expense for accuracy each period.
- Perform all of the above responsibilities while maintaining 100% compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description exhibiting a team player attitude.
- Four year bachelor's degree, preferably Accounting and preferably with the education requirements met to sit for CPA exam.
- Multi-unit retail accounting experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Requires excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication and organizational skills.
- High level of ability to interpret and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to plan work effectively, to meet the deadlines assigned, and to make sound decisions.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in Oracle.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- This position has no decision making authority.
- This position has no direct reports.