POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant Revenue-- Restaurant Accounting
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant -- Restaurant Accounting
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To contribute to the achievement of company and department goals through the compilation and review of the financial statements. Compliance with all accounting policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley requirements is expected.
- Validate accuracy of polled sales through the use of auditing exception query investigations and resolution of issues.
- Reconcile daily cash, credit card and gift card deposits using TRECS Software and communicate to both Ops and the Sr. Accountant all late/missing deposits and change order payments and follow up on existing uncollected/unreconciled items to resolution in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate P&L's each period through exception query investigation and resolution for all sales revenue and cash over/short expenses as well as verify paid out receipts turned in the Accounting Packets
- Assist in the balance sheet reconciliations for all depository bank accounts, credit card account and gift card accounts in Trecs and assist in the balance sheet reconciliation for all receivable accounts including catering, campus cards and mobile delivery orders
- Provide high levels of customer service to Restaurant Managers, AS's and DO's.
- Communicate accounting procedures to operations and provide support so that all restaurants are in compliance.
- Assist where needed with the month-end close processes including P&L review and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist Region FP&A with budgeting and Analysis as needed.
- Perform all of the above responsibilities while maintaining 100% compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description exhibiting a team player attitude.
- Four year bachelor's degree, preferably Accounting and preferably with the education requirements met to sit for CPA exam.
- Multi-unit retail accounting experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Requires excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication and organizational skills.
- High level of ability to interpret and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to plan work effectively, to meet the deadlines assigned, and to make sound decisions.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in Oracle.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- This position has no decision making authority.
- This position has no direct reports.