Staff Recruitment Specialist
Primary Location: CA-CARancho Cucamonga-9166 Anaheim Place
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is to support and serve people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Staff Recruitment Specialist with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
Description ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
• Partner with the Staff Recruitment Specialist and operations management to develop and execute recruitment strategies including, but not limited to job fairs, hire days, college career services, campus recruitment and partnering with other community resources.
• Utilize the applicant tracking system, recruit employees by posting open positions on company and external websites to attract qualified applicants.
• Support the Staff Recruitment Specialist and operations in performing recruitment activities such as screening resumes, administering phone screens, scheduling interviews, and interviewing.
• Coordinate hiring decisions with operations management; may extend offer or prepare and forward offer letter.
• Ensure Network and funder-required pre-employment verifications are completed including employee background checks, driver’s license checks, state registry and other required checks.
• Ensure applicant reference checks are completed, and alert the hiring manager and Human Resources when concerns arise.
• Assemble initial employee file including new hire paperwork, background checks and other required information.
• Coordinate and conduct New Employee Orientation and Onboarding programs, including employee policies and procedures, initial orientation to the company and use of employee portal.
• Ensure the proper completion of new hire paperwork, I-9 and employee portal activities.
• Refer employee relations issues and policy questions to HR Business Partner or HR Generalist and keep immediate supervisor informed as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required;
• One year of related experience with recruitment or within Direct Care preferred;
• Competency with Microsoft Office required; experience with applicant tracking software and online recruiting strategies preferred;
• Proficient in written and oral communications;
• Ability to establish rapport quickly with people, friendly approach
• High energy, goal oriented, and an ability to attract quality candidates
• Strong follow through and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work; requires independent judgement
• Valid driver’s license in good standing, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company.
• Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
• Travel required within region supported.
• Must pass background investigation that includes DOJ/FBI fingerprint check.
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. When you join the Network, you will have career opportunities from coast to coast. Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis