Staff Recruitment Specialist
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASan Jose
Description Everyone needs a job but only extraordinary people work here! As a Staff Recruitment Specialist with California MENTOR, you will be one of those people. The Staff Recruitment Specialist assists with recruitment and hiring of employees for their assigned programs in a larger region. The Staff Recruitment Specialist is responsible for attracting, screening, hiring, and orienting new employees, and works with operations management to fill vacancies for new and existing programs within their assigned programs. The Staff Recruitment Specialist works in the regional or area office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Partner with the Staff Recruitment Specialist and operations management to develop and execute recruitment strategies including, but not limited to job fairs, hire days, college career services, campus recruitment and partnering with other community resources.
- Utilize the applicant tracking system, recruit employees by posting open positions on company and external websites to attract qualified applicants.
- Support the Staff Recruitment Specialist and operations in performing recruitment activities such as screening resumes, administering phone screens, scheduling interviews, and interviewing.
- Coordinate hiring decisions with operations management; may extend offer or prepare and forward offer letter.
- Ensure Network and funder-required pre-employment verifications are completed including employee background checks, driver’s license checks, state registry and other required checks.
- Ensure applicant reference checks are completed, and alert the hiring manager and Human Resources when concerns arise.
- Assemble initial employee file including new hire paperwork, background checks and other required information.
- Coordinate and conduct New Employee Orientation and Onboarding programs, including employee policies and procedures, initial orientation to the company and use of employee portal.
- Ensure the proper completion of new hire paperwork, I-9 and employee portal activities.
- Refer employee relations issues and policy questions to HR Business Partner or HR Generalist and keep immediate supervisor informed as appropriate.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- One year of related experience with recruitment or within Direct Care preferred;
- Competency with Microsoft Office required; experience with applicant tracking software and online recruiting strategies preferred;
- Proficient in written and oral communications;
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with people, friendly approach
- High energy, goal oriented, and an ability to attract quality candidates
- Strong follow through and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work; requires independent judgement
- Valid driver’s license in good standing, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company.
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
- Travel required within region supported.
- Must pass background investigation that includes DOJ/FBI fingerprint check.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.