DescriptionThe Staff RX Clinical Programs Pharmacist integrates programs developed to improve overall health outcomes with a focus on prescription drugs. The Staff RX Clinical Programs Pharmacist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Staff RX Clinical Programs Pharmacist oversees medication therapy, strategy on comprehensive medication reviews, and prescription drug optimization in cases where patients are taking multiple medications. Drives health awareness with patients through Rx Education and targeted quarterly campaigns. Places outbound calls to confirm patients are taking drugs and provides counseling. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD Degree
- Active pharmacist license in the state(s) in which you are required to practice
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay on schedule
- Proven problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- 5+ years of technical experience
- • Associates working in the state of Arizona must comply with the Tobacco Free Hiring Policy (see details below under Additional Information) and upon offer will be subjected to nicotine testing as part of a 10-panel drug test
- Previous experience with pharmacy benefits management
- Previous Commercial, Medicare and/or Medicaid experience
- 3+ years clinical experience in managed care
- Ability to manage end-to-end-processes
The following policy applies ONLY to associates working in the state of Arizona:
Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and well-being of its associates. Effective July 1, 2011, Humana has adopted a tobacco-free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.
Scheduled Weekly Hours25