BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
STAND ALONE GAS STATION LEAD
Responsible for supervising the operations of the gas station and gas station team members, managing fuel maintenance work orders, overseeing opening and closing procedures, monitoring and maintaining gas station equipment, and ensuring all safety, environmental, security and documentation control procedures are followed within the department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for running an efficient, well-trained, staffed and friendly department. Keeps team members and management informed of departmental activities.
- Responsible for monitoring gas station sales transactions and handling cash transactions when applicable.
- Monitors gas station reporting and ensures checklists, reports and documentation are properly maintained, validated and approved based on company policy and state regulations.
- Manages fuel maintenance work orders including verification of issues, work order creation, documentation and reporting, approvals and vendor check in/out procedures.
- Oversees all opening and closing procedures. Responsible for signing out keys and security codes to gas station team members.
- Ensures gas station equipment is properly monitored and maintained.
- Understands the safety and security features of the gas station and ensures team members comply with safety, environmental and security standards. Ensures all winter procedures are adhered to.
- Performs daily cash drawer procedures including returning empty cash cassettes and refilling change purchase tubes as needed. Performs weekly audits and runs reporting based on established company procedures.
- Performs competitive price surveys daily and ensures posted gas prices and club signage match the pricing in the POS (point of sale) system. Promptly reports discrepancies to corporate.
- Ensures all spill bucket and spilled material procedures including immediate response and clean up procedures are properly followed at the gas station.
- Logs all visitors and obtains proper ID before allowing anyone inside the kiosk area. Notifies corporate office of any non-routine maintenance vendor visits including, but not limited to, weights and measures, inspectors and state employees.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience operating a cash register preferred.
- Relevant gas station operating experience preferred.
- Must be able to complete all required training.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures and weather conditions
- May require occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Could require long periods of sitting/standing and some bending
- Occasional exposure to flammable liquids and strong smells
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.