BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Stocks, rotates, and stores general merchandise and/or food in the club. Ensures that all merchandise is clearly labeled and fully stocked. Maintains the neat and clean environment of the club by removing all trash and debris from the store.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Greets all Members. Provides Members with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance. Assists Members in locating merchandise.
- Stocks, rotates, and stores general merchandise and/or food. Ensures that all merchandise is fully stocked.
- Assists in receiving and unloading products. May verify received shipments to ensure that all items are delivered.
- Maintains display signage for all products. Creates labels and/or applies merchandise sales tags to items. Ensures all product labels and price tags are clear and visible.
- Ensures the club is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard from the club.
- Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Participates in daily store openings and closings, including returning merchandise back to the sales floor.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Previous grocery/stock experience preferred.
- Big box/wholesale retail experience preferred.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to examine and/or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and stooping.
- Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order to be heard. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.