Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.
To develop an initial and renewal case acquisition strategy identifying the most appropriate Stop Loss Markets given the case characteristics and markets available to secure competitive stop loss coverage for our customers.
- Organize, analyze and coordinate RFP information received for new business proposal to meet specific needs of the case
- Act in a consulting capacity with the sales executive and carriers to determine the most appropriate marketing strategy dependent upon group characteristics
- Continued monitoring of each RFP to ensure maximum number of competitive quotes received. This includes daily checks of declines and additional information requests
- Direct workflow by consulting with internal departments / individuals (including but not limited to: Sales, Account Management, Product, Legal, Business Development, Billing, Claim and Implementation) to manage proposal process
- Direct workflow by consulting with external individuals (including but not limited to: Stop Loss Carrier Sales, Underwriting and Management, as well as broker and customer interaction) to manage proposal process
- Coordinate proposal and renewal process for receipt and delivery
- Participate in RFP strategy calls
- Ensures timelines and deadlines are met
- Prepare renewal information by running necessary reports and evaluating accuracy and completeness of the information
- Maintain operations by following policies, procedures and reporting changes as needed
- Directs disclosure process with carrier to ensure all requirements are met
- Maintains and updates various databases
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) with 2+ years of experience in the healthcare industry or High School Diploma / GED with 3+ years of experience in the healthcare industry
- Ability to edit documents in Microsoft Word
- Ability to sort and filter data in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to draft presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Stop loss knowledge
- Self-starter; able to work with minimal guidance; seeking guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Proven ability to think innovatively and creatively and resolve complex issues
- Strong, interpersonal and relationship-building skills; Intense customer focus and ability to adapt style and approach to customer preferences
- Strong focus on consistent process and product quality
- Flexible and able to cope with changing conditions
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities and multi task effectively
- Experience in a position requiring highly developed written and oral communication skills
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Stop Loss Coordinator, Wausau, Onalaska, San Antonio, Cincinnati, UnitedHealth Group, Stop Loss, Healthcare, Customer Focus