Support fast paced retail environment managing new stores and remodels. This includes managing timelines and phasing plans along with cross collaboration amongst the company.
This person requires strong time management skills and has a clear understanding of store operations and project management within a retail environment. Build project plans and develop risk mitigation strategies to support initiatives. Measures success of initiatives through analysis of key metrics. Consistently seeks and provides feedback in all interactions. Is solution and results driven.
The Store Development Project Manager is the primary point person for effectively managing and overseeing project activities for new stores, relocations and remodels within a fast paced retail environment. This includes managing timelines and phasing plans along with cross collaboration with stores and other departments within the company. This role reports to the Director of Store Operations.
- This person requires strong time management skills and has a clear understanding of store operations and project management within a retail environment.
- Serve as point person for multiple projects at a time- develop phasing plans, coordinate fixture surveys and lead conference calls.
- Work with field to define roles and responsibilities to plan for the work [i.e. phasing plans have been completed, staff hired, project lead, fixture lead and merchandise lead have been trained in their roles and positions].
- Work with Fixture Leads, Purchasing, Fixture Development, Graphics and Logistics to ensure that fixture truck schedules are updated and sent to Vendors.
- Track daily process, identify and resolve issues throughout the process, including but not limited to, adjusting phasing plans/ critical paths to overcome issues and still maintain scheduled completion dates.
- Oversee all post-renovation/post-opening/post-relocation and expansion punch list by partnering with the Construction department
- Implement new procedures, best practices, useful tools and efficiencies for new stores and existing stores.
- Maintain a safe working environment at job sites
- Follow all Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years’ experience in a retail environment, operations, new stores, remodels expertise.
- Ability to travel within US- 20% travel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to see implications and provide solutions and recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.