Scrubs & Beyond is hiring a Store Manager in Independence MO!
"We are inspired every day by the dedicated professionals we serve. Your work is why we’re here and we offer sincere thanks."
Karla Bakersmith | President & Founder
If these words inspire you, you may be the candidate we’re looking for. We go above and beyond for our customers and each other. We’re passionate about providing the ultimate in service and style. Our goal is to transform the everyday shopping experience into a personal experience that caters to the needs of the caregiver.
What began as a two-person staff in a small office has grown into the nation's largest multi-channel supplier of healthcare apparel and accessories. Scrubs & Beyond was truly "inspired by the caregiver." Great pride is taken in our company's purpose to provide the best apparel and accessories to our outstanding healthcare professionals. Scrubs & Beyond has some of the best benefits in the industry.
Eligible employees receive competitive pay, generous employee discounts, 401(k) with company match, comprehensive health insurance, paid vacation and personal time off.
Job Description Summary
Our Store Managers are here to ensure our customers have an amazing shopping experience. Beyond that, you are responsible for maximizing sales (both in store and outside sales) to drive profitability and achieve your store sales goals while maintaining S&B’s merchandising and housekeeping standards. You will lead, manage and organize the store according S&B’s shared values, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties
- Model excellent customer service according to S&B standards on the selling floor, in the fitting room, and at the cash wrap to ensure a great customer experience.
- Achieve location’s sales plan and use performance targets to maximize business results
- Manage, recruit, on-board, and train all staff providing appropriate feedback in a timely manner.
- Ensure associates understand and meet the needs of the business
- Evaluate individual performance through the use of the Company’s performance processes
- Provide proper staff planning according to budget and store needs
- Complete all operational activities in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Implement all merchandising guidelines in a timely manner ensuring company’s in-store and promotional messaging standards are met.
- Effectively manage store inventory (i.e. shipment processing, ticketing merchandise, markdowns, store recovery, stock replenishment, and backroom organization)
- Take ownership of all loss prevention practices to reduce shrinkage and reinforce Company Loss Prevention standards to store associates.
- Ensure all cash management duties are followed according to company policy and procedures including maintaining store funds and monitoring deposits
- Follow the store’s opening and closing procedures
- Ring sales on the register, receive and process cash and credit payment, issue receipts and pack merchandise for our customers
- Communicate regularly with regional manager
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting cash, processing charge slips, coupons, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits
- Follow and execute safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety
- Have working knowledge and oversee use of all company systems
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness
- Successfully complete training courses
- This position may fall under Department of Transportation regulations and as such may be subject to medical certification requirements and a Motor Vehicle Record check
To execute the job duties of a Store Manager you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is essential (Associates degree preferred)
- 1-3 years retail experience
- Experience in a supervisory capacity
- Constantly standing and walking
- Constantly reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping
- Frequently stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Frequently lifting up to 20 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally climbing and descending ladders and step stools
- Hearing with or without correction to understand verbal communication
- Visual Acuity to perform any activity where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach
The physical demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assistant Store Managers, Sales Associates and Keyholders
Job descriptions are dynamic and frequently modified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any given time as both the business dictates and the functions of the job change.
Scrubs & Beyond, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work force at all levels of the business thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our customers, our associates and our communities. Scrubs & Beyond will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.