Store Manager (Penn State St. Joseph Medical Center - Reading, PA)
Are you a positive, empathetic, and considerate person? Would you like to grow your career with the nation’s leading hospital retailer? As a STORE MANAGER, you will work closely with your team to drive sales management, operational duties, and motivate your team to success. You will be highly involved in hiring, training, and developing your team to achieve sales objectives.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE TO WORK HERE:
- Flexible Hours
- Awesome Discounts
- Fun work environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and 401K plan (Full Time Employees)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays (Full-Time Employees)
- Opportunity to learn, grow, and succeed with a leading retailer!
WHAT YOU WILL DO (Responsibilities):
As a Store Manager, we rely on your ability to generate sales momentum, build your team, and lead by example. Your leadership will set the tone for your team to meet and exceed performance goals. We look for you to also:
- Nurture hospital relationships by meeting key hospital contacts to address concerns, introduce new marketing/product, and follow up on past requests.
- Recruit, train, coach and develop sales staff on all aspects of sales for Lori’s Gifts including, but not limited to, sales techniques, products, promotions, and procedures
- Actively manage and motivate sales team every single day to ensure store sales quotas are being met or exceeded
- Provide effective performance feedback to all staff and sets timeframe for achievement
- Consistently find ways to increase employee and location productivity, and drive sales
- Maintain appropriate level of staffing at location by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Ensure availability of merchandise by maintaining inventory levels
- Market merchandise by adhering to advertising, sales promotion, and display plans
- Secure merchandise and protect employees by adhering to security standards
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as required
- Handle scheduling of staff at location to ensure appropriate shift coverage
- Handle all intensified customer service issues with professionalism
- Execute daily operational procedures with efficiency, diligence, and integrity
- Communicate, execute, and implement Lori’s Gifts policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all the 'essential functions' for purposes of the ADA.
WHO ARE WE:
We are the heart of the hospital experience. Our guests visit our store locations for different experiences while visiting loved ones in the hospital, or between breaks while at work. Lori’s Gifts is a unique retailer servicing over 370 hospitals nationwide for the last 37 years. We continue to grow because of our compassionate employees that remain close to the positive hospital relationships we have developed in the communities we serve.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR (Requirements):
?2 or more years of retail experience including 1 or more years in a store management or supervisor capacity.
?High School diploma or GED required; College degree preferred.
?Proven experience with evaluating, hiring, coaching and training store personnel
?Ability to communicate clearly
?Willingness to work flexible hours to include evening, weekends, and holidays as needed.
?Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and capable to stand for long periods of time
?Previous specialty or big box experience ideal