Req #: 84613
Location Name: Jericho Turnpike, Huntington
At DSW, we believe in the power of shoes. We understand shoes bring out something great from within, and since 1991 we've been helping everyone feel the rush of finding that perfect pair. So when you work for DSW, you become a part of all that. A family whose core values are comprised of passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility. You become one of us, You become a Shoe Lover!
Performs general stocking duties which include processing, verifying incoming shipment, and inter-company transfers to other locations, stocking and maintaining a successful sales floor and a functioning backroom to company standard. Maintain basic knowledge of the merchandise that is sold. Will work closely with and report to Store Management Team. No direct reports required.
Reports to Warehouse Lead and General (Store) Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains a neat, clean, and safe environment – with fixture organization and stock supplies.
• Maintain and stock sales floor, including cash wrap displays, feature areas, clearance.
• Increase sales and conversion by maintaining sales floor and stockroom, enable the flow of merchandise to ensure an appealing experience to consumers
• Affixes price tickets, sensor tags, properly prepare merchandise for the floor display
• Unloading and processing freight deliveries
• Assistance with any display modifications under the direction of warehouse lead
• Support the warehouse lead to complete inventory control functions to help financial and inventory precision
• Responsible for merchandise handles process, including; #PREPPED, Back stock, Unit Letters, Damages, Mismates, Fill back and stockroom organization
• Assist with flexes of the stock room during seasons to ensure capacity is maximize
• Assistance with all order fulfillment from stores.
• Moving merchandise from shipping containers to display cases, ability to move merchandise to the storage area/sales floor – Must have the ability to handle heavy items
• Responsible for processing shipping containers, must verify receipt of goods for the sales floor
• Safely operate handling equipment, and keep in good condition (i.e., U-boats, scanning devices, pallet jacks etc.)
Required Skills and Competencies
• Exhibits our company values consistently – Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, Humility
• Demonstrates the (Here4U) customer service model daily
• Ability to communicate in coherent, condensed matter, the ability to listen to others
• Ability to execute basic math equations
• A background with retail experience is preferred with this position
• Ability to be accountable for time bound expectations
• Experience in a fast paced retail environment
• Previous Stock Associate or Warehouse Associate
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent