As a Storefront Advocate4Me Representative, you'll compassionately deliver an exceptional experience to members between 20 to 25 callers per day and 15 - 20 walk-ins, always remembering that there is a real person on the other end of the phone who is looking for help, guidance, and support. You'll also provide support to your team members by serving as a resource or subject matter expert. Both of these are opportunities for you to identify and exceed our customer expectations by committing to and building strong relationships internally and externally. At the end, you’ll know you performed with integrity and delivered the best customer service experience making all your customers and team members feel better because they talked to you. This position is full-time (40 hours / week) with our site hours of Operation from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. We do require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other team members or internal customers
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customer issues in a one and done manner
- Assist with member walk-ins at the store location
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment and explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and / or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre-authorizations or pre-determination requests
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, provider satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Customer Service Representative (CSR) experience or 1+ years of experience in an office setting, call center setting, or phone support role
- Experience with a computer and Windows PC applications
- Experience working with Medicare
- Ability to work shift during the hours of operation Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm including the training period where lunches and breaks are scheduled, and work overtime and / or weekends as needed
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Healthcare
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.