The person in this position performs all duties related to tracking and maintaining inventory.
- Receive and unpack incoming orders, checking against items listed on requisitions, invoices, or other order forms
- Pick up, store, and deliver supplies and/or materials
- Assemble, adjust, and/or repair articles carried in stock
- Count, weigh, and/or mark articles with identifying codes, figures, or letters as required
- Inventory stock on hand and request supplies as needed
- Fill orders or issue supplies upon proper authorizations
- Unload and load materials from trucks, either by hand or by using a fork truck
- Provide information and recommendations on stock items and billing to other locations and departments
- Communicate with vendors, both orally and in writing, on matters relating to supplies
- Receive hazardous chemicals and deliver them to users in original containers
- Package materials for shipping
- Maintain records and prepare necessary reports
- Perform routine custodial or maintenance duties
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in operating a fork truck
- Ability to comprehend, carry out, and explain complex oral and written instructions or information
- Ability to perform basic math for inventory purposes
- Working knowledge of computers and computer input to support inventory system
- Basic knowledge of mechanical repair materials
- Must be physically fit and be able to lift at least 100 Lbs.
- Experience in inventory control and storeroom activities preferred
- Position requires some exposure to outside weather conditions as well as supporting industrial repair shop activities
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Albany, Oregon, United States