Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Strategic Account Executive manages ongoing client relationships and service delivery for an assigned book of business. Acts as the client centric, client facing resource for assigned clients. Represents clients internally as advocate and coordinates with other functional areas within the company to implement client benefits, complete projects and address service needs. May work closely with sales on prospective clients and RFP responses. Strategic Account Executive is responsible for the up-selling of appropriate services to clients, renewal of existing contracts and retention of membership and client satisfaction.
Must be self - directed and able to work in a less structured environment. Candidate will be able to hold him / herself accountable. Can be a resource, coach and teacher to others. Must be able to assess and interpret customer needs and requirements and identify solutions and company capabilities. Can translate concepts into practice. Able to work on complex problems and issues and provide innovative and effective solutions that support both the client and the company's goals and objectives.
If you are located in the Central U.S., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for management of book of business
- Secure renewal and upselling programs
- Manage ongoing contract relationships and service delivery to clients for ten or more accounts
- Act as outward - facing, dedicated resource for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact (not call center) and large or complex accounts
- Build relationships with employer / group clients (not individual members) and partners with an OptumRx Pharmacy Services Specialist for overall and day - to - day service delivery
- Represent client internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Client relationship management or Account Management experience
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry
- Client facing presentation experience
- Experience cross - selling / upselling products to customers
- Ability to work in self - motivated environment with limited supervision
- Ability to Travel 40% to visit client base
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry, OptumRx systems and software knowledge (RxClaim, Mail systems, etc.)
- Experience working with Labor and Trust clients
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism both with internal and external clients
- Consistently meet or exceed key performance indicators
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Client Management, Account Management, PBM, Central, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, WFH, Work from home