- Coordinate and influence superior customer service delivery by developing and maintaining strong intercompany relationships
- Forges relationships with key customers and consultants; acts as main contact for UnitedHealthcare
- Develop and monitor client financial performance including renewal planning, negotiation and profitability levels
- Consistently exceeds objectives for profitability and persistency
- Secure new business through marketing and effective product and service expansion
- Participates in all major finalist presentations and RFP/NBEA situations
- Recognized as a subject matter expert for products, service and technology aspects
- Demonstrate marketing and technical expertise through: Client, broker and consultant meetings
- Assessment of approach, resources, and contacts needed to complete RFP's
- Experience working with brokers and consultants, handling large client benefit offerings
- Minimum 3 years of account management experience in the insurance industry required
- Strong working knowledge of UHC's portfolio of products, marketing and managed care knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of business planning and financial/underwriting acumen required.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills (internal/external)
- Solid influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Proven ability to navigate an often ambiguous and complex organization to resolve customer issues
- Solid negotiation and leadership skills
- Ability to create a strategic vision and plan its implementation
- Sales insurance license maintained by law
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong team player
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills
- Customer-focused; able to work with employers, consumers, consultants, brokers
When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.