If you are located in the Midwest region, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Strategic Account Executive drives retention and growth through development of account strategies and business relationships with our strategic Hospital / Health System clients. As the Strategic Account Executive, your role is focused on delivering best - in - class service to our clients, supporting their employee pharmacy benefit plans, managing the client relationships, as well as developing new business from existing clients. The ability to proactively identify client’s needs and establish proactive plans will be key in this role. Relationship development both internal and with the client’s key stakeholders, will be necessary to ensure client satisfaction. This position requires a high - performing individual with proven communication skills, strong critical thinking skills and an ability to lead complex client engagement strategies.
- Accountable for client satisfaction, retention, and growth
- Use strong industry knowledge to add value to the client’s pharmacy benefit offering and look for upsell opportunities
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of client’s business, benefit plans, and contract with OptumRx
- Understanding and executing the client contract according to the terms and conditions, including but not limited to the monitoring and reporting of performance guarantees
- Work with operational areas to ensure their understanding of client’s contractual requirements and goals
- Maintain accurate and up - to - date account information, including but not limited to, contract obligations, benefit plan design, clinical benefit plan design, client contacts, sales opportunities, and reporting
- Analyze in - depth data and reporting to assure accuracy, and make strategic recommendations to client executives
- Make regular service / relationship calls to clients
- Participate in new sales opportunities
- Meet or exceed departmental goals established by the VP Account Management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of account management experience (delivery, growth, retention, referrals)
- Health Systems experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Project management skills
- 5+ years of employee benefits with a focus on Pharmacy Benefit Management, or related experience
- Strong ability to lead complex client engagement, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, plan design, renewal, and benchmarking
- Superior communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, management and client vendor associates
- Strong critical thinking, analytical problem - solving and strategic planning skills
- Self-motivated to achieve set goals
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- High degree of client focus and attention to excellent service
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Strategic Account Executive, account management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home