Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Strategic Account Executive manages ongoing client relationships and service delivery for an assigned book of business dedicated to IUOE clients in either the Western, Central or Eastern Region. The Strategic Account Executive acts as the client centric, client facing resource for assigned clients. Represents clients internally as advocate and coordinates with other functional areas within the company to implement client benefits, complete projects and address service needs. May work closely with sales on prospective clients and RFP responses. Strategic Account Executive is responsible for the up-selling of appropriate services to clients, renewal of existing contracts and retention of membership and client satisfaction.
The Strategic Account Executive is the owner of the client relationship.
Must be self - directed and able to work in a less structured environment. Candidate will be able to hold him / herself accountable. Can be a resource, coach and teacher to others. Must be able to assess and interpret customer needs and requirements and identify solutions and company capabilities. Can translate concepts into practice. Able to work on complex problems and issues and provide innovative and effective solutions that support both the client and the company's goals and objectives.
If you are located in the Western U.S., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for dedicated client management of an exclusive book of business as part of the IUOE
- Secure renewal and upselling programs
- Manage ongoing contract relationships and service delivery to clients for ten or more accounts
- Act as outward - facing, dedicated resource for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact (not call center) and large or complex accounts
- Build relationships with the appropriate IUOE client contact, consultant and administrator
- Represent client internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years direct client relationship management or Account Management experience
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry
- Direct experience in working with intermediaries such as consultants and administrators
- Labor/Trust experience
- Consistently meet or exceed key performance indicators
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Client facing presentation experience
- Experience cross - selling / upselling products to customers
- Ability to work in self - motivated environment with limited supervision
- Ability to Travel 40%-50% to visit client base
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry, OptumRx systems and software knowledge (RxClaim, Mail systems, etc.)
- Experience working with Labor and Trust clients
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism both with internal and external clients
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.