About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,300 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspective from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Risk management at Wells Fargo is organized with clearly defined lines of defense to provide effective risk oversight and decision-making across the organization. Each line of defense is assigned specific responsibilities and understands the associated activities it is expected to perform.
Independent risk management in Corporate Risk is responsible for independent oversight of risk-taking activities. The function is led by the Chief Risk Officer, who reports to the chair of the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors. Strategic enterprise function-aligned leaders in the Corporate Risk organization provide an independent view of horizontal, cross-business risks.
Strategic Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) is a group directly under the Chief Risk Officer that is responsible for a variety of strategic functions within Corporate Risk that includes risk reporting, risk governance, risk programs that oversee risk measurement and risk identification, strategic and reputational risk oversight, and risk optimization and strategy.
Enterprise Risk Reporting and Intelligence
Enterprise Risk Reporting and Intelligence (ERRI) is a newly formed group within SERM that is responsible for developing and managing board and executive management reporting on risks across the organization, and for developing strong risk analytics and intelligence capabilities to proactively identify and report on risk trends. The group will also coordinate cross-functional efforts across front line and independent risk management organizations to continuously enhance risk reporting and analytics.
The group consists of three business teams – Reporting Design and Execution, Risk Analytics and Intelligence, and Enterprise Risk Reporting Services, and a horizontal Process Support team. The Reporting Design and Execution team will manage the periodic reporting process for the board and management. The Risk Intelligence and Analytics team will utilize subject matter experts and sophisticated risk data and analytics platform to analyze risk trends across the company. The Strategic Enterprise Risk Reporting Services team is a central team that supports all of SERM’s data and reporting needs – which includes the ERRI team and the Enterprise Risk programs. The process support team is responsible for horizontal team initiatives, financial forecasting, organizational design and project coordination.
The current role will manage a team that will serve as the central provision point for SERM’s reporting needs and will report to the Head of Enterprise Risk Reporting and Intelligence. This manager will be responsible for working with the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) group to assess existing data infrastructure and enhance/ build a new common data repository that will support Board and Management Reporting, Enterprise Regulatory reporting, Enterprise risk programs, and Enterprise Risk Intelligence. The manager and his/ her team will collaborate with various other SERM managers and executives to service their reporting needs in a prioritized manner and to achieve synergies and efficiencies across data and technology management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Centrally support SERM’s reporting needs including board and management report development/execution, Enterprise Risk Program reporting (Risk Identification, Risk Measurement and Issues Management), Risk Intelligence and Analytics, and other areas of SERM in the future.
- Oversee SERM reporting implementation by utilizing formal project management support and align reporting output and dependencies to support comprehensive board reporting outputs and timelines.
- Support and enhance the data that feeds these reporting needs by working with risk domain partners such as Credit, Market, Operations, Compliance, Financial Crimes, ALM, Investment Portfolio, Liquidity etc.
- Champion the data and technology needs for SERM that enable consolidated, streamlined, efficient, and enhanced reporting and analytics
- Develop end-to-end application prototypes as needed to support all risk programs and reporting while in parallel, building business requirements for the go-forward strategic solutions with IT
- Write business requirement documents that are approved by the report owners and work with IT to have it implemented
- Manage and own the enterprise databases; Source data and have the ability to consolidate, architect and model disaggregated data across financial and non-financial elements into a reporting framework
- Actively engage with Data Management and Insights team to represent SERM in EPIC integration, eONE, data lakes
- Support Wells Fargo Data Governance requirements for SERM owned reports in collaboration with report owners
- Leverage other relevant shared services across the company to operate efficiently and cost effectively
The ideal candidate will have a strong reporting, data or technology background with proven success managing multiple projects/ priorities while building a strong relationship with stakeholders in SERM, other Corporate risk groups, and the Data and Technology organizations. The candidate should be able to comprehend stakeholder needs, challenge their design and deadlines in a collaborative manner, while setting realistic and measurable goals.
The candidate should be able to manage independently both individual contributors and other managers. This role involves a high level of self-direction, initiative and accountability to deliver on various organizational and regulatory deadlines. He/ she must possess the ability to prioritize work, drive to meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must. The candidate must be able to roll up their sleeves and produce/ have their team produce interim solutions while technology is formalizing development.
This group will partner with EIT teams to build short-term working prototypes and long term strategic solutions for reporting, database, and application needs.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both
- 8+ years of management experience; or 3+ years of leadership experience in an advanced quantitative analytics function
- Demonstrated experience building enterprise data reporting applications and development including Tableau, Micro-strategy and Microsoft SSRS.
- Experience in managing application development using C#, ASP.NET, python and more
- Experience with process analysis, transformation of data into information/ reporting, and governance over the design and implementation of data and automation projects are a big plus.
- Proven success building highly complex, enterprise data solutions with 10+ years of experience with data management technologies.
- A dynamic leader with at least 7+ years of increasing responsibility in leadership positions with emphasis in the following areas: quality/business excellence, data architecture, process improvement, implementation, and operations.
- A highly effective, consultative leader with an undisputed executive presence and personal credibility as a result of demonstrated integrity, business management experience, negotiation and data management acumen, and effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Outstanding relationship management skills with the ability to build cross-functional consensus within all levels of organizations and among key stakeholders in multiple organizations.
- Generates credibility, respect and consensus through strategic vision and outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Has the ability to present and discuss information in a way that persuades, educates and enhances understanding at all levels.
- Corporate Risk and/or Corporate Finance experience.
- Strong organizational knowledge of systems, situations, pressures and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities as well as implement sustainable solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building organizational capability including high performing teams, process, and technology. This includes a keen focus and proven results in developing a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement, customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with business partners to understand their business goals/objectives, translating their needs into technical requirements and then building and delivering data solutions to help make our business partners successful.
- Experience managing and allocating appropriate people and financial resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives. Decisions carry significant risk to the organization, regulatory environments and impact to external customers.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.