At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Wholesale Control organization is comprised of a series of risk and control teams including: (1) Business Control teams managing risk and controls for each of the Wholesale businesses; (2) Risk Operations teams managing risk-type programs (e.g. regulatory, financial crimes, operational risk, conduct) and associated controls and operations; (3) Governance & Programs teams managing cross-functional risk and controls (e.g. governance and reporting, issue management and review activities, enterprise risk programs, control assurance, etc.) spanning across risk-type programs and Wholesale businesses; (4) Functional teams supporting business enablement and infrastructure (e.g. strategic planning, process excellence, transformation, analytics, reporting and administration).
The Wholesale Control organization has a new opportunity for a Strategic Planning Manager to join the Wholesale Risk Control Strategy and Transformation Team, responsible leading strategic planning activities for the Analytics Reporting & Administration (ARA) functions across Wholesale Control. Accountable to develop, manage and execute the strategic plan initiatives for the ARA strategic initiatives.
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
- Lead risk strategy, design, and implementation of a Wholesale Analytics Reporting and Admin functions
- Provide strategic and tactical direction, as well as management oversight to initiative teams responsible for:
- Developing and executing on risk strategy and implementation plans; subsequent plan oversight, status reporting, and change management
- Working with business, risk, data, and analytics stakeholders to develop and implement risk metrics and key risk indicators to effectively identify, monitor and report sales practices risk at the group- and business-levels
- Engaging key risk partners to develop new and/or leverage existing strategic plans
- Consulting with business and risk partners to ensure that business needs are understood and supported appropriately
- Coordinating implementation efforts in partnership with Wholesale businesses, risk, and functional teams
- Creating process documentation, communications, and training to encourage sustainable improvements to business processes and the control environment
- Build partnerships with through ongoing engagement with key stakeholders to drive initiatives in alignment with business, risk, sales, operations, and technology strategy
- Engage with Independent Risk Management and Wholesale Control groups, to ensure governance, controls, and oversight are established and implemented appropriately and effectively
- Providing management reporting on implementation plan, activities, and achievements
- Develop and manage project funding, resource, and staffing plans/needs
- Address any issues identified through appropriate corrective action plans and escalation protocols
- Develop and maintain a high performing team through active performance management, talent management, coaching, recruiting, and hiring. Foster a collaborative, risk-minded, success-oriented, empowered, and accountable team environment.
- Manage and support other conduct risk control initiatives, as needed
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of strategic planning experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk management programs, especially risk controls, within a large complex financial services company. Preferred experience in operationalizing controls within business operating units.
- Ability to identify existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective.
- Experience in strategic planning, operating model design, operational process engineering, operating procedures development, training and educational programs driving performance of resources, and enabling processes with technology and data enablement solutions.
- Strong experience and business acumen in the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment.
- Previous experience executing regulatory remediation and corrective actions and interacting with regulators.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Process improvement methodology experience (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Organizational change management experience (e.g. Kotter, Prosci).
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.