At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services specializes in providing solutions such as credit card, debit card; check guarantee, e-commerce and gift cards to businesses of all sizes. WFMS is nationally recognized for its ingenuity and reputation as a leader in the electronics payments industry.
Specifically this leader will:
- Own and drive transformation and de-risking projects across the Merchant Services Sales organization, playing a critical role in supporting sales practices efforts.
- Lead the re-engineering of the customer onboarding process to drive toward an improved customer experience.
- Lead the Sales Analyst team and work to identify opportunities to improve processes, procedures, and daily activities.
- Support the overall strategy for the Wholesale segment and work closely with the strategic partners that support other business segments as we look toward our business model for the future; including Community Bank segment partners and other strategy partners across the broader PVSI organization.
- Work with executives and senior managers across Wells Fargo to help define the business strategy and create/execute corresponding business plans and initiatives.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
The successful candidate will have success in building and leading a high performing, industry-leading customer focused teams in the financial services industry. This executive will have experience leading a best in class organization leveraging highly disciplined business, financial, operations, credit and risk management processes.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 10+ years of strategic planning experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the payment processing industry
- Must have strong relationship management and proven leadership skills, with solid conflict management, negotiation and organizational effectiveness techniques
- Proven success building and maintaining strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with strategic business focus
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a heavily matrixed organization with a high degree of initiative and strong ability to meet key responsibilities with limited direction and oversight
- Proven success recruiting, inspiring, developing, coaching and motivating team members through balanced leadership with a focus on team member engagement and retention and performance management
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Ability to identify risk factors and ensure enactment of appropriate controls
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff
- An impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business acumen
- A self-starter with a working knowledge of risk management fundamentals and policy creation
- Goal minded and able to motivate a team and mobilize the resources to accomplish objectives
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic
- Able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.