At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Strategic Sourcing Consultant 1 (SSC1) will be member of the Sourcing Team that supports all Corporate Staff Group functions supporting Enterprise Information Technology. The SSC1 manages spend categories, develops Strategic Sourcing strategies and leads contract negotiations for medium to high risk products and/or services. This role will have the opportunity to support primarily telecom/mobility categories across different customer areas.
• Controls all aspects of negotiations for medium to high risk/sized deals.
• Customizes contract risk terms and drafts non-standard contract terms and conditions to proactively address Strategic Sourcing, business and risk concerns.
• Researches and analyzes contract data, business goals and market conditions to proactively identify cost savings opportunities.
• Acts as the primary liaison for current and potential suppliers (medium to high risk/dollar spend).
• Takes a key role in the development of a negotiations strategy.
• Accountable for category savings targets, and performance measures.
• Works with key stakeholders to determine the long-term needs and applicable supply/service market strategies and identifies and escalates risk-related issues, identifies alternative options/solutions.
• Resolves systems, recurring supplier and customer issues.
• Partners with business groups to issue/evaluate RFx opportunities and conduct reverse auctions. And establishes supplier evaluation/selection criteria and coordinates supplier due diligence activities.
• Develops performance metrics and analytics, monitors supplier performance and establishes e-business (procure-to-pay), diversity, environmental, and Strategic Sourcing cost reduction strategies to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Uses experience, supply base knowledge, benchmarking data, and market conditions to determine appropriate supply-side and demand-side category levers.
• Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: sourcing, technical sales, consulting, or vendor management
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Ability to manage vendor relationships for products or services including: contract negotiation, oversight, and SLA management
- Experience developing and executing sourcing strategies
- Experience sourcing, negotiating and contracting telecom (wireline and/or wireless), mobility, professional services, software, and SAAS, for a large complex organization
- Experience building and managing relationships with key stakeholders and working across large organizations
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to identify trends/opportunities
- Ability to support a large project load across multiple categories and customers
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated; results and quality driven
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.