At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This Strategic Sourcing Consultant 1 position is part of the Wells Fargo Corporate Properties Group (CPG) Procure to Pay organization which procures goods and services for Wells Fargo’s internal use. This position acts as the primary liaison for current and potential suppliers (medium to high risk/dollar spend) for the furniture and other CPG categories, while maintaining an excellent rapport with internal business partners to optimize for risk mitigation, contract compliance, category requirements, savings, service improvements, and problem resolution. Accountable for category savings targets, and performance measures. Develops performance metrics and analytics, and monitors supplier performance. Establishes e-business (procure-to-pay), diversity, environmental, and Strategic Sourcing cost reduction strategies to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies. Uses experience, supply base knowledge, benchmarking data, and market conditions to determine appropriate supply-side and demand-side category levers. May train internal partners and/or suppliers on procure-to-pay strategies and procedures related to category. Researches and analyzes contract data, business goals and market conditions to proactively identify cost savings opportunities. Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
This position will be located in either the Charlotte Ballantyne location or Des Moines, IA.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: sourcing, technical sales, consulting, or vendor management
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to manage vendor relationships for products or services including: contract negotiation, oversight, and SLA management
- Strong analytical skills and ability to build business cases
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Ability to coordinate, lead and facilitate group meetings
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of project coordination or support
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- SAP experience
- Knowledge and understanding of working with vendors on requests for proposals (RFPs) when savings is a component of the total value proposition
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.