DescriptionThe Strategy Advancement Advisor provides data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities. Provides business intelligence and strategic planning support for business segments or the company at large. The Strategy Advancement Advisor works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Strategy Advancement Advisor leads initiatives to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret, and produce recommendations and plans based on company and external data analysis. Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
Be a part of our Medicaid Business Development Organization. Humana is seeking a Strategy Advancement Advisor to lead cross-functional teams in the development of effective solutions to grow and add value to Medicaid/LTSS/Duals programs.
This role will develop market-specific growth strategies for health plans that serve Medicare/Medicaid dual-eligible beneficiaries.
The Strategy Advancement Advisor is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate business partners and collaborate with Medicaid and Medicare leadership to develop, maintain, and support execution of market-specific dual-eligible growth strategies.
- Develop strategies to exceed regulatory requirements and successfully position Humana’s Medicaid/LTSS/Duals products in the marketplace.
- Gather key information on market and regulatory landscape in prospective new markets to inform duals growth strategy.
- Develop materials for internal and external presentations and communications regarding Humana’s business goals, market strategy, policy, positioning, and outcomes in the Medicaid and Dual Eligible marketplace.
- Attend professional conferences to enhance knowledge and understanding.
- Engage in stakeholder and provider/association level relationship development meetings in current and prospective new markets.
- Translate state administrative code language and procurement requirements to understand states’ long-term goals.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws in development process.
- Oversee project plans, project schedules, resource assignment matrixes, etc. at the outset of each bid.
- Drive timely completion of internal/external deliverables by cross functional project team.
- Track project status and report on progress to leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in a Medicaid or Medicare Managed Care Organization
- 1 - 3 years’ experience leading projects & cross functional teams
- 1 - 3 years’ consulting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate in a faced paced environment under tight deadlines
- Flexible scheduling (i.e. – occasional nights and weekends)
- Master’s Degree (MBA or MPH preferred)
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Medicare/Medicaid Strategy or Business Development
- 1 – 3 years’ experience supporting Dual-Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNP)
- Project Management and Process Improvement qualifications
- Research: Secures deep working knowledge to assess the present and inform the design of effective solutions.
- Analysis: Able to break down research into key/core findings and objectively assess implications.
- Presentation: Collapses analysis into key takeaways and objectively conveys the required information.
- Leadership: Directs and informs the work of others. Guides leadership in their thinking and approach.
- Collaboration: Ability to quickly build working relationships
- Communication: Comfortable communicating to all levels within the organization.
- Process improvement: Adapts to change quickly. Entrepreneurial approach to implementing solutions.
- Project management: Organized in project execution. Supports timely issue escalation and resolution.
Role will include travel (10-20% of time)
This position reports to the Medicaid Business Development Growth Strategy Leader.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40