At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Innovation Technology group partners with the Enterprise Innovation Group and various business partners, to develop new ways for Wells Fargo to deliver on innovative business priorities by effectively using emerging technologies and process expertise. Our mission is to orchestrate technology and process transformation to enable and accelerate customer-centric experiences through focused R&D, lab services, and accelerated delivery.
The R&D Consultant will be working as a member of team of highly skilled innovation champions and hands-on technology experts. The successful candidate will scout for new and emerging technologies and products. This role will lead evaluation of emerging technologies, define entrance and exit criteria for R&D initiatives, develop prototypes, conduct short-term proof of concept, map technology capabilities with customer needs and/or business objectives and partner with long-term development and production support teams to facilitate the operationalization of new products and solutions that have production merit.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to quickly establish/demonstrate understanding of emerging technology landscape, partnering closely with the Enterprise Innovation Group. There will be frequent interactions with business stakeholders, senior management, project managers, technology managers, technology relationship managers, architecture teams, information security and the infrastructure support organization. A strong partnership with Enterprise IT technology teams will be of critical importance, especially for initiatives that have a trajectory toward production.
R&D Consultant will be responsible for:
- Leading new technology or product assessments and proof of concepts in partnership with Enterprise Innovation Group, Enterprise IT and various lines of business; this may include defining scope, functional requirements, success criteria, documenting standards and guidelines for usage, demonstrating prototypes, and facilitating technology adoption in partnership with build and delivery teams
- Designing, developing and presenting emerging technologies prototype solutions, mapping out a path to rolling out emerging technologies into production environments and partnering with Enterprise IT teams to evolve prototypes and proof of concepts into production pilots
- Scouting new and emerging technologies and mapping them to customer needs and business objectives
- Championing change, demonstrating business value of proposed change and influencing policies, procedures and processes
- Leveraging existing and new industry networks, innovation forums and academia to bring new innovations and ideas into Wells Fargo Innovation Labs
- Understanding customer needs and collaborating with line of business
- 3+ years of strategic planning experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Master's degree or higher in operations research, applied statistics, economics, computer science, electrical engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- 1+ year of change management experience
- 1+ year of financial services experience
- Experience defining and/or developing business initiatives that require integration of multiple technology systems
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- 5+ years of design and development of technology solutions from a broad spectrum of technologies including Mobile, Java, .NET, Objective-C, web services and various flavors of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience working with startup companies and emerging technologies
- Experience in NFC, BLE, Beacons, Machine Learning, mobile and other emerging technologies
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.