At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Payment & Industry Relations Team
The PIR team focuses on developing strategic partnerships that support our customers’ payment and banking needs outside the walls of Wells Fargo. We have a mandate to building long-term, strategic partnerships that deepen our customer relationships and drive growth for our partners and Wells Fargo. These partnerships bring together the best of our capabilities across the company and may include deposits, payments (e.g., cards), lending (e.g., mortgages), and distribution (e.g., mobile).
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
This Strategy Consultant 2 position will work cross-functionally within Wells Fargo to develop and support relationships with external partners. You will work with the biggest names in digital, retail, and consumer electronics to power commerce, expand distribution for WF capabilities, develop new markets, and integrate 3rd party products with the goal of helping our consumer and institutional customers succeed financially.
- Work with leaders to develop long-term partnerships that create value for our customers, our businesses, and our partners.
- Work with executives, product teams, marketing, legal, risk and other teams to develop business cases, structure deals, execute programs and manage partnerships.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with partners by being knowledgeable, reliable, and committed to our joint success.
- Source, onboard, launch and manage partnership opportunities across Wells Fargo’s businesses and customer segments.
- Support deal leads by conducting market research, preparing internal presentations, and managing day-to-day partner issues, managing timelines and deliverables.
- Partner with Supply Chain and Legal to successfully negotiate contracts.
- Create and present presentations to senior business leaders
- Become a subject matter expert on digital commerce and innovation.
- Approach your work with a focus on the customer and eye towards risk & compliance.
*Preferred location is San Francisco, CA, however, open to other U.S. locations.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of strategic planning experience
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to detail
- Experience in banking or payments
- Partnership or strategic alliance development experience
- Negotiation, contracting or other business law experience
- 3 years relevant business experience, preferably in business development, private equity, investment banking, digital commerce, payments or strategy consulting
- Business/management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.