At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Operational Risk Group: The Operational Risk Group oversees the management of operational risk exposures and the quality of operational risk management practices across the company. The group performs oversight for risk types that are essential for a comprehensive view of operational risk. As an independent risk management function, the Operational Risk Group works with teams across Corporate Risk, with front-line partners in the businesses and risk-generating functions, and with Wells Fargo Audit Services. Together, as three lines of defense, we are furthering company-wide consistency in operational risk management practices and simplifying risk management processes — enabling us to focus on what’s most important: protecting and serving our customers to help them succeed financially.
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) team has an opportunity for a new position to support the Operational Risk Stress Testing team. This position will be responsible for supporting all activities in support of Operational Risk & Compliance Stress Testing at the firm, including helping to develop and implement repeatable, thorough, and credible processes:
- Thought leadership and execution support for the implementation of various enhancements for operational risk stress testing (CCAR)
- Effective collaboration with the team in conducting analysis, participating in key meetings, synthesizing and documenting findings
- Highly visible operational risk stress testing documentation compliant with corporate standards and regulatory expectations. Documentation could include but not limited to methodology, procedures, analyses, senior level management presentations, and other materials for stress testing.
- Support for the end-to-end process of CCAR loss aggregation across several lines of business, including significant responsibilities pertaining to the planning and execution of the teams tasks
- A liaison between numerous internal teams including the quantitative modeling team, treasury, legal, and internal loss data teams
This position will report to the Operational Risk Stress Testing Analysis & Analytics Team Lead, working within a large cross-functional stress testing team. This position will also work closely with both internal and external stakeholders, including senior management from all three lines of defense, and potentially meet with representatives from the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of strategic planning experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in Financial Services, preferably with SR 15-18 firms
- CCAR/DFAST experience/expertise
- Operational Risk experience/expertise
- Management Consulting experience
- Experience/understanding of Wells Fargo lines of business
- Strong problem solving skills. Comfortable dealing with ambiguities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Analytics and quantitative models experience
- Audit and/or Regulatory experience (working directly for/with the FRB or OCC)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.