At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Wells Fargo Auto
Our Wells Fargo Auto team supports one of the nation's leading auto lenders. The team offers integrated financial services solutions designed the auto dealer community and the consumers that we serve, providing financing and related services to both dealers and consumers nationwide.
This newly created position will initially be primarily dedicated to creating a comprehensive Strategic Plan for Wells Fargo Auto. This leader will work with a variety of senior executive leaders in Auto and across the Wells Fargo enterprise including the Consumer Bank and Enterprise Strategy Teams, as well as a variety of other stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include; facilitating the identification of line-of-business objectives, coordinating business strategic planning activities, and identifying and analyzing business opportunities/initiatives. This team member will be responsible for facilitating strategic conversations across the Wells Fargo enterprise, Consumer Bank and within Auto with specific responsibility and accountability for creating and communicating the Wells Fargo Auto story. This will include the creation and presentation of strategic communications within the business, as well as at the highest levels of the enterprise. This team member will serve as an information resource to executive and senior level management
This leader will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the annual, quarterly and periodic strategic planning processes on behalf of the entire business and deliver the Strategic Plan, Roadmap and Sub-Roadmaps as required
- Create, facilitate and manage targeted strategic communications on current state, future state and business evolution, incorporating rigorous financial and competitive analysis, as well as insightful consumer, demographic and market research
- Partner with leadership to execute on corresponding business plans and initiatives
- Care for connecting Auto strategy and business to other parts of Wells Fargo
The successful candidate will need to have a strong understanding of the business, develop a detailed knowledge and stay abreast of all major business initiatives, and be able to expertly communicate across the business and enterprise at all levels of management both verbally, in writing and fully developed executive presentations. In addition, must be able to provide oversight and guidance to his/her senior management partners to ensure business alignment with the overall strategic plans.
Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and operational/functional areas, provide insight into the economic and industry climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the businesses strategic execution/direction.
The successful candidate will work closely with Senior Management across Auto and the Enterprise in the execution of business strategies. Leadership, communication skills, partnering and credibility will be determining factors in the selection. This person will have exceptionally strong thought leadership and analytic skills, with a proven ability to engage and influence leadership across multiple functions. A key differentiator will be the ability to collaborate, understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- Have lead a major business through strategic planning cycles
- A seasoned professional with at least 8 years of increasing responsibility in leadership positions within strategic planning or consulting in consumer or auto lending with emphasis in the following areas: strategic planning, strategic communications, product development and management, quality/business excellence and process improvement
- Demonstrated business strategic planning and execution leadership experience ensuring the organization at all levels is aligned with the vision, values and goals of the enterprise
- Proven success achieving objectives requiring a high level of cooperation from people in other parts of the organization
- Strong organizational knowledge of systems, situations and culture within the company to identify potential problems and opportunities as well as implement sustainable solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a straight forward and understandable manner
- Strong partnership/collaboration skills
- Beyond experience, the right personal integrity, style and attitude are critical to success in this role
- Strategic Leadership – Creating and achieving a desired future state vision through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish business results
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and a proven ability to be an inspirational leader
- Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent - able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization
- Collaborative, influential and highly self-aware
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.