At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards and Retail Services Delivery Team within the PVSI GPMO partners teams across the business, technology, and with our Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) to ensure the successful execution and delivery of all initiatives supporting Cards and Retail Services (CRS)
The individual in this role will partner with leaders in Cards & Retail Services, PVSI GPMO, and other key partners to create and maintain a strategic project roadmap. This dynamic role will leverage a combination of business experience and execution capabilities to assess, evolve and drive out the overall strategic approach for the broader CRS team.
As a key leader this individual will facilitate the collection of desired initiatives, roadmap prioritization, and synchronization with Investment Optimization partners. Developing strong, long term relationships and partnerships across a variety of internal and external stakeholders will be critical to this roles success, along with establishing processes, procedures and routines to ensure consistent and high quality roadmap priorities.
This role is central to the development of the CRS strategic roadmap, including:
•Facilitate and partner with the Cards, Retail Services, and Servicing & Collections businesses to ensure identification and prioritization of investment projects. Considerations include CRS Strategic Objective alignment, Investment Optimization process requirements, and Project Delivery progress.
•Maintain close partnerships with Cards, Retail Services & Collections leadership and strategy team to ensure self and team’s ability to stay closely aligned with the lines of business priorities.
•Partner with EIT, WFVC, EIW leaders to collect strategic input, communicate, and align on direction to enable a successful roadmap to support CRS businesses
•Identify change management implications of in-flight projects
•Understand and build deep knowledge of the Cards, Retail Services & Collections delivery platforms to have a viewpoint and recommendations for PVSI leadership around roadmap opportunities.
A Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate
The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to leverage their cross line of business vantage point to drive insights and better connectivity across both CRS and other PVSI businesses. The role must possess a strategic lens that will drive critical challenge and review of the project portfolio. In addition, they will demonstrate:
•Subject Matter Credibility - create a solid foundation for building and integrating project, program, and portfolio management capabilities. This individual will bring experience in cross line of business strategic roadmap development and maintenance, including financial planning.
•Strategic Thinking, Creativity and Implementation – thinks strategically and creatively about business problems, breaks down problems and presents recommendations while evaluating options. Identifies business opportunities by delivering thoughtful analysis with strong logical thinking.
•Leadership – strong organizational leadership that builds credibility in a matrix environment
•Influencing Skills –effective and compelling communication. Take complex subjects and bring clarity and ultimately consensus. The role must operate in a highly collaborative, results-orientated manner.
•Change Agent – A transformational leader to lead acceptance and opportunities in the new Enterprise planning and investment environment
*This postion is open across the Wells Fargo footprintRequired Qualifications
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Experience with digital software product management in the financial services industry
- Financial services industry experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Facilitation skills, including ability to facilitate decision-making and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience creating and implementing multi-year strategic plans and roadmaps for major business initiatives
- A unique ability to balance important long-term strategic and short-term urgent priorities, and a personal desire and accountability for positive business and customer change.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others, build effective partnerships, and deliver outstanding results with a relentless focus on execution. Previous experience serving as a change agent and change advocate for broader teams
- Confidence presenting and facilitation with senior leaders
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Finance and Investment Optimization expertise
- Ability to integrate several viewpoints and synthesize various thoughts and approaches into deliverable that makes sense and are actionable
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.