At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but we’re decentralized so every local Wells Fargo branch is a headquarters for satisfying our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 268,000 team members in 36 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses.
Our vision: “We want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.”
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, strategic risk, and compliance risk. Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo corporate functions and lines of business soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, Corporate Risk provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Operational Risk and Compliance, this group provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing team at the corporate level. They are responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing, and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and Validation teams throughout corporate risk will be responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
We’re looking for a collaborative and strategic thinking team member to join our Strategic Initiatives team. As a Strategy Consultant 4, you’ll be a part of leading critical initiatives that contribute to the strategic priorities of the firm. Our initiatives are high profile, drive strategic change and transformation across the enterprise and are built in partnership with senior leaders. They require passion and commitment to help get things done.
You’ll be responsible for planning and shaping emerging critical initiatives by driving the day to day activities to form the approach and program plan. As such, candidates must:
• Possess significant experience building program roadmaps and operating models from the ground up
• Be able to leverage strategic, analytical thinking to develop ideas that are outside of the box
• Demonstrate excellent relationship building skills to coordinate with multiple business partners
• Be comfortable operating in a fast paced environment while maintaining high attention to detail
Additionally, you’ll be responsible to drive forward progress by orchestrating partners to stay on track with our plan, and leading the details to make sure tasks are completed in a timely manner. You also are quick to adjust the details and navigate to adapt to our ever-fluid needs. You possess an adept and flexible program management skillset and are able to quickly and autonomously execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
You are able to succeed in a virtual, cross-functional team environment, prioritize, and juggle multiple initiatives. You have a can do attitude and a nimbleness to drive change with a calm and energetic style.
You’ll work closely with the leaders of the team, and with various senior stakeholders. As such, confidence, strong communication skills, the ability to exercise credible challenge when appropriate and a highly collaborative work style are critical to success.
This position is open to any Wells Fargo location.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- A Master's degree or higher
- 8+ years of leadership experience
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Ability to manage complex initiatives
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Combination of strategy, planning, communications and/or change management experience in industry and management consulting firms
- Senior level ability to articulate and present complex ideas, navigate through ambiguity, facilitate in matrix organizations and drive change through organizational dynamics
- Experience in and/or strong knowledge of financial services, risk, compliance, audit or technology aspects of these domains
- A Bachelor's degree in quantitative or technical fields such as engineering, computer science, economics, statistics, or related disciplines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.