At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Treasury Management (TM) is a key part of our Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation team. TM includes managing and optimizing our customers’ cash flow and mitigating its operational, financial, and reputational risk. We focus on creating operating efficiencies, cost savings and time savings for our customers by delivering treasury solutions through a consultative approach.
This role will report to the Head of Strategy and Planning for Wells Fargo's Treasury Merchant and Payment Solutions group. The primary focus of the role is facilitating the analysis and assessment of industry trends, growth opportunities, product innovations, operating frameworks and business strategies. The role directly supports the Head of the Treasury Merchant and Payment Solutions group in executive leadership activities, typically in the context of shaping enterprise payment strategies.
This is an individual contributor role on a small strategy team. Role provides opportunity to interact with senior and executive leaders across different operating groups. Big picture thinking is critical, with the ability to identify underlying dynamics, drivers and dependencies shaping the business environment under review.
Work assignments may be either direct requests from the group head for specific opportunity assessments and strategic communication deliverables to explain business unit strategies to internal and external stakeholders; and 2) self-directed identification of industry trends, potential business partners and internal alignment needs, for the purpose of driving thought leadership across a broader set of leaders and stakeholders.
Work involves research on market trends, customer needs, competition and emerging technologies, distilled into concise, clear communication of relevant factors needed for informed executive decisions. Highly articulate verbal and written communication, through effective narrative and logical frameworks is an essential skill. Deliverables may be in Excel, slide presentations, memos, etc.
Together Treasury Management and Merchant Services are a $4+ billion business providing payment collection and disbursement solutions across all payment type, along with associated account information and liquidity services. Customer segments served span large corporate, middle market, and small businesses.
The TMPS group is part of the Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation group at Wells Fargo, which combines several payment and digital channel teams serving all customer segments across the bank.
Assignments are a mix of very short term and medium-duration efforts, typically requiring a quick output of summary context and perspective around new subject matter, presented in a consultative framework. Initiative, resourcefulness, and confident and practical interim decisions to drive toward deliverables are key success factors in this role.
The role offers the chance to learn about commercial banking and payment businesses, as well as gain a broad perspective on operating strategies of the bank. The internal relationships and business understanding that develop as a result can lead to a wide range of career opportunities at Wells Fargo going forward.
A moderate amount of travel will be required, up to 10 short trips in a year. Interaction with customers is expected. Working remotely is allowed 25% of the time.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- 3 years of experience in a consulting firm on external client engagements providing management consulting and/or competitive, market or product strategy analysis
- Work experience in transaction banking or payments
- Work experience in a Fortune 2000 company
- Work experience through a period of merger, acquisition, divestment, executive turnover, competitive disruption, bankruptcy
- Data analysis, charting, graphing skills with Excel
- Experience leveraging data analysis for framing business strategy options
- Consultant type experience researching multiple viewpoints and distilling into summary form with relevant context
- Experience talking to customers for direct feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by track record of deliverables or presentations
- PowerPoint skills for formatting presentations ready for final distribution
- Experience presenting findings and recommendations to stakeholders of multiple levels, including executive sponsors
- Demonstrated practice of creative thinking and activities, within past jobs and outside of work
- Comfort with shifting priorities, and an intuitive sense of relative perspective
- Project leadership experience with completed deliverables under deadlines
- Experience in direct (reporting line) management of team members
- BA/BS Degree
- Masters of Business Administration
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.