At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) Group
PVSI focuses on the delivering next generation of payment capabilities and transformational digital and online offerings. The group also invests in research, development and strategic partnerships dedicated to designing new customer experiences and products. PVSI brings together many strategic business units including Deposits, Credit Card, Debit Card, Merchant Acquiring, Treasury Management, Innovation, Digital Channels, Marketing and Operations.
Partnerships & Industry Relations Team
The PIR team focuses on developing strategic partnerships that support our customers’ payment and banking needs outside the walls of Wells Fargo. The Partnerships team has a mandate to building long-term, strategic partnerships that deepen our customer relationships and drive growth for our partners and Wells Fargo. These partnerships bring together the best of our capabilities across the company and may include deposits, payments (e.g., cards), lending (e.g., mortgages), and distribution (e.g., mobile).
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
This Strategy Consultant 4 position will be responsible for sourcing, nurturing, and executing partnerships and alliances with external companies. You will work in a business development / sales capacity to cultivate deep relationships with partners on our focus list and to develop new relationships. You will bring new ideas like Greenhouse and API Gateways to the market while also positioning Wells Fargo as the strategic partner of choice. You will have an opportunity to lead deals from concept all the way through commercialization. Success in this role will require you to be a multi-talented executive who is capable of being proactive, closing gaps, and getting things done. You will work with the biggest names in digital, telecom, retail and other industries to expand distribution of WF capabilities and to develop new markets.
• Have a passion for creating value for our customers, our partners, and our business.
• Develop relationship plans and calling strategies to expand our network of partners and to significantly deepen our relationship with targeted accounts.
• Leverage your experience in sales, business development, and relationship building to close deals and drive meaningful results.
• Build and maintain partner relationships by being knowledgeable, reliable, and committed to our collective success.
• Conduct market research, develop strategic content, and pitch books to market Wells Fargo’s assets and partnership capabilities.
• Manage day-to-day partner issues, while also driving execution of key deliverables.
• Work with executives, product teams, marketing, legal & risk to design great customer experiences, structure sound business deals, and deliver timely results.
• Successfully work inside a matrixed organization and collaborate with colleagues from across the bank including the client officers from the Corporate & Investment Bank.
• Be an advocate inside Wells Fargo for our external partners and their business needs.
• Become a subject matter expert on digital commerce, payments, and innovation.
• Always managing risk & compliance.
*Preferred location is San Francisco, CA, however, open to other U.S. locations.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm
- Partnership, business development or strategic alliance development experience.
- Experience calling on sophisticated clients, creating strategic partnerships, or building B2B relationships or networks.
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to detail
- Experience in banking or payments
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.