The person in this position will assist the VP of Structures and Director of Structures in the implementation of the Genesee & Wyoming, Inc. bridge-management program (in accordance with 49 CFR Part 237) as well as providing railroad bridge engineering support to the regions. The primary responsibilities of this position include report preparation, design-drawing development, design and construction specifications, and estimates for a variety of bridge-and-structures projects.
- Providing railroad-bridge engineering support across G&W North American Regions, which includes but is not limited to bridge analysis, design, inspection, rating, strengthening and rehabilitation.
- The development of bridge rehabilitation and new construction plans, specifications, bid packages, and estimates as well as performing job showings and CEI during construction.
- Understanding and complying with all FRA, AAR, G&W maintenance standards, and any associated requirements for records retention.
- Assisting in the budget process and management of capital and expense costs.
- Providing information and guidance to contractors and bridge-maintenance personnel in the repair of existing bridges or the construction of new bridges.
- Implementing the FRA Bridge Safety Standards (49 CFR Part 237).
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to develop strength-rating calculations for simple and complex railroad bridges.
- Ability to develop plan sets, specifications, supporting calculations, and bid packages for structural repair projects.
- 5-10 years of bridge-engineering experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation drafting programs
- Proficiency in the use of analytical software package including MathCAD and SAP2000
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering from an ABET-accredited school of engineering.
- Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering from an ABET-accredited school of engineering preferred.
- EIT or EI certification; ability to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) license within five years of hire date.
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States