At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Wells Fargo's Personal Lending group provides credit products to help customers meet their financial needs: private student loans through the Education Financial Services business; personal loans and lines of credit through the Personal Lines and Loans business. Wells Fargo Personal Lending also provides customers with free tools and financial education resources to help them succeed financially.
The Education Financial Services Loan Origination team is currently seeking a Student Loan Consultant 3 (SLC3) who will support student borrowers and their education financing needs. The SLC3 will be responsible for assessing customer needs through financial consultation for more complex lending customers to determine the proper loan program, completing the loan application, and coordinating with underwriting to collect the necessary documents to begin the loan process. In some cases the SLC3 will obtain and analyze credit score and collateral values to determine the appropriate loan structuring.
Overall, Consultants will identify opportunities and provide customer service with the objective of offering Wells Fargo products and services based on the customer’s needs; opening accounts and provisioning products on specific product family and recognizing and uncovering other Wells Fargo products with the opportunity to introduce those outside of scope to other Wells Fargo entities. There will also be opportunities to work on special projects as assigned.
Other responsibilities of the SLC3 will include:
- Working directly with customers to gain an understanding of their needs related to student loan consolidations.
- Handling incoming student loan origination calls via referrals, direct phone and website channels and outbound follow up calls.
- Gaining an understanding of each customer’s current and future needs in order to suggest an appropriate education financing package, including recommending additional Wells Fargo products and services.
- Manage their own portfolios of customers and build relationships through these conversations.
- Serve as a single point of contact with customers and balance managing their books of business with answering questions and the intake of new applications.
- 3+ years of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or solving customer problems
- Financial or lending industry experience
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
- Ability to analyze credit documents
- Ability to analyze financial statements, accounting principles, tax returns, and personal financial statements
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to correspond with customers, responding to their questions and concerns with detailed information
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to manage a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of lending or loan servicing
- Knowledge and understanding of student loan originations systems
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.