At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Wells Fargo’s In-House Agency (IHA) is looking for a digitally centric design leader for our Studio Design team. We’re looking for a leader who has experience leading teams in interactive and web design, email, video, and various other digital platforms. The Studio Design Manager will work closely with the IHA leadership team to drive new business, support overall efficiencies, and develop new models and tools to support creative work, including: design systems, automation, offshoring and utilization of external agencies. With this role, the IHA is looking to dial up our digital chops in a big way. The opportunity is to help us ascend to the digital high ground.
The IHA Studio Design team supports interactive design, interactive development, and graphic design work within the IHA. The Studio Design team develops and implements web-based and digital creative projects to support the customer experience. The team also performs layout support, edits to existing work, versioning and resizing, rebranding of materials, recreation of agency created materials, image replacement, image retouching, and image sourcing.
The Studio Design Manager will oversee a team of Interactive Designers, Interactive Developers, and Graphic Designers across multiple geographic locations within Wells Fargo. Reporting to the Studio Design Manager are two CX Interactive Leads and two Graphic Design Leads.
Our agency has a singular focus on helping Wells Fargo customers succeed in life financially. We’re all in on delivering great work that works – for our customers, for our brand, for our business. Our agency is fun and supportive. We value fire in the belly, a sense of humor and an open, curious mind. We embrace new ways of thinking and working. We aspire to greatness. And we believe strongly in work-life balance. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Specific duties of this role include the following:
- Leads and sets overall vision and direction for Studio Design team, consisting of 20+ designers and developers in multiple locations, nationally and internationally
- Manages team to strategize, develop and implement a variety of marketing programs and services involving interactive and print mediums
- Develops strategy for Studio Design team’s growth and efficient utilization of resources
- Directs and guides Graphic Design and CX Interactive Leads
- Accountable for studio processes and continually drives innovation to delivery improved quality and efficiency
- Works closely with Resource Manager and Project Coordination Manager to ensure resources are allocated appropriately and efficiently
- Works closely with IHA Creative department leaders to ensure strong partnerships and connectivity between teams
- Collaborates with Creative Leads to ensure they have appropriate and sufficient resources to support projects.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 7+ years of marketing experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- Recent and relevant corporate marketing or agency marketing leadership experience preferably leading digital and print studio work teams
- Experience acquiring and implementing studio operations technology like digital asset management systems, workflow tools, dynamic publishing tools or similar
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts
- Solution oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Naturally inquisitive and a passion for innovation
- Ability to identify and deliver tools and technology that support process efficiency
- Strong relationship-building skills, including collaboration and conflict resolution with team, peers, and partners
- Ability to set strategic direction for team, manage resources efficiently, and deliver work in a timely manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Expertise overseeing and offering constructive critique of the quality of work of the Studio Design team
- A deep understanding of and commitment to overall brand consistency
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.