Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
The Subrogation Analyst handles information about patient services and how the services are paid by investigating and pursuing recoveries through contact with various parties. The Analyst manages subrogation files, negotiates settlements, and ensures adherence to compliance policies. Positions in this function are responsible for investigating, recovering and resolving all types of claims as well as recovery and resolution for health plans, commercial customers and government entities. May include initiating telephone calls to members, providers and other insurance companies to gather coordination of benefits data. Investigate and pursue recoveries and payables on subrogation claims and file management. Process recovery on claims. Ensure adherence to state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies and contract compliance. May conduct contestable investigations to review medical history. May monitor large claims including transplant cases. Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare final lien reports to include reviewing claims to relate / unrelate based on ICD10 codes and accident details
- Investigate loss for liability and available insurance coverage
- Pursue recovery of lien from member attorney and / or insurance carriers
- Negotiate settlements with member attorney and / or insurance carriers
- Take incoming phone calls from member, attorneys, insurance companies and respond to their questions and requests
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1+ years of experience managing claims, legal matters, and / or performing investigations
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience analyzing and solving customer's problems
- Experience with Microsoft Excel to create, save, and document spreadsheets
- Experience with a computer and Windows PC applications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience using claims platforms such as UNET, Pulse, NICE, FACETS, Diamond, etc.
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry
- 2+ years of bodily injury claims / subrogation experience with health insurance, property and casualty insurance and / or a law firm
- 1+ years of prior negotiation experience
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, with strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills; ability to exercise good judgment
- Open to change and new information; ability to adapt behavior and work methods to changing organization and integrate best practices into the subrogation recovery process
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively, independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment
- Display confidence and the ability to stand your ground in contested situations
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity