Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
- Provide supervision and direction to the department in day-to-day activities while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Ensure excellent and timely customer service is being provided in all facets of operations.
- Review current processes regularly and identify and suggest process improvements to facilitate timely and maximum reimbursement.
- Handle elevated patient and client complaint calls and correspondence.
- Ensure policies are in place and SOPs are approved, distributed and followed.
- Be open to new ideas and willing to try different ways of doing things to maximize efficiency.
- Manage staffing issues, assure proper recruitment and resolve human resource issues. Conduct interviews and performance evaluations.
- Evaluate subordinate personnel in the performance of their duties. Provide coaching, training or disciplinary measures as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent information in accordance with HIPAA.
- Support and ensure company policies are being adhered to.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with leaders of other departments to ensure synergies and alignment of initiatives (i.e. product launches, pricing contracts, customer service standards, etc.)
- Continuously seek out and identify “best practices” and implement them throughout the department.
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience in a medical billing / collections environment.
- Excellent MS Word skills (creating and editing documents and MS Excel skills (creating and editing spreadsheets and working with formulas)
- Ability to work overtime as needed and work Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day between the hours of 7am – 6:30pm EST
- Associates degree or higher
- Ability to analyze data.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx, supervisor