If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work. (sm)
This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities. Note: Positions mainly responsible for more general A/R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit.
- Impact of work is most often at the team level.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 5+ years experience working in the Health Insurance industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (creating/editing documents), Microsoft Excel (filtering /sorting spreadsheets), and Adobe PDF (creating and editing PDFs), PowerPoint (navigation and creating presentations), Microsoft Access (creating and maintaining databases)
- Strong skills in organizing workflow, ideas, materials, people
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Hard worker, quick learner, and ability to assume responsibility
- Work well under pressure as part of a team
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.