LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
- Monitor daily tasks and oversee audits for quality control/appropriate quantity while maximizing staffing availability in response to changing volumes of work while maintaining staffing metric expectations in line with departmental budget.
- Monitor individual employee production and adherence to company and department policies followed up by corrective action.
- Represent and be actively involved in new and existing contract modifications and process implementation as well as participate in process changes and process efficiency with all internal operational units affected.
- Approve and manage employee timesheets, time off requests, overtime, FMLA leave, schedule changes, write/deliver performance evaluations, develop annual SMART goals and all other personnel issues.
- Provide guidance and coordinate training for essential job responsibilities to ensure compliance with department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop and maintain operating policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist in coordinating the workflow between several departments for maximum productivity in the processing of LHI services.
- Aggressively pursue resolution of technical problems and upgrade requests for internal and external systems.
- Respond to customer complaints, provider network and internal operational department’s questions or concerns. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years work experience in data entry, customer service and/or call center environment
- 1+ years of supervisory/leadership experience in a data entry, customer service and/or call center environment
- Experience with medical or dental documentation and terminology
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation) and Word (creating and editing documents)
- Ability to obtain CAC
- Able to work Monday – Friday from 8 am to 5 pm including occasional weekends as business needs might require
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Healthcare, Business or other related field
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint (creating slide and presentations)
- Electronic file/database management experience
- Project Management experience, healthcare related field experience, and knowledge of military databases (MedPros, MODS, HRR, MedPros Web Data Entry)
- Familiar with military acronyms
- Agile SCRUM
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills
- Must demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under time-sensitive deadlines established by contract requirements while ensuring that ideas and solutions to problems are well thought out and in the best interest of the company
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, including interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation (speaking in front of groups, presentations to sr. level management, articulate)
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills with the ability to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt to changing business requirements while continuing to keep the department productive and working in a positive environment
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy; strong analytical thinking, multi-tasking, time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast-paced environment
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
La Crosse, WI, Data Control, Data Supervisor, Healthcare, Medical, Dental