Supervisor, Health Services
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASolvang
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
Description As a Health Services Supervisor with ARFPSHN Homes a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supervises two or more RNs and/or LPNs/LVNs including interviewing, hiring, and scheduling, while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. Monitors the health and medical condition of individuals served. Manages the administration of medications, performance of physicals, provision of treatments, and scheduling of medical appointments. If licensed as an LPN or LVN, manages administration of medications, physicals, and provision of medical treatments in collaboration with an RN. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
• Plans and organizes activities in nursing services, to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and the facility’s administrative procedures.
• Manages the administration of medications, performance of physicals, provision of treatments, and scheduling of medical appointments.
• Evaluates nursing activities to ensure patient care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
• Observes nursing care and visits patients to ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed and that treatment is administered in accordance with physician's instructions.
• Inspects patient facilities for cleanliness and comfort.
• Orders, or directs ordering of drugs, solutions, and equipment, and maintains records on narcotics.
• Investigates and resolves complaints, and refers unusual problems to superior.
• Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for unit staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
• Performs other related duties and activities as required.
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• Must have a current state RN license if supervising RNs.
• Must have a current state LPN license if supervising LPNs
• Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school or nursing program and have three years of related experience. Two years of work experience in a human services related field
• Demonstrated success in a leadership role
• Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
• Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
• High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR ARFPSHN Homes is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!