We have an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated professional with the proven ability to supervise and motivate hourly associates while overseeing multiple functions associated with established business processes. This position is based in our Union, NJ corporate headquarters.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, analytical, organized, have excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment. Prior accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience is a plus.
- Oversee the accurate reconciliation and timely processing of merchandise vendor invoices and chargebacks.
- Train, coach, motivate, set goals and plan work assignments for staff while continuously evaluating their performance.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with vendors and internal customers.
- Support change and champion process improvements to ensure that teams are working effectively to meet departmental goals.
- Ensure staff productivity and efficiency standards are maintained and associates are held accountable for performance.
- Maintain and enforce policies, procedures and controls.
- Perform special projects and analysis as needed.
Our general requirements and core competencies include:
- General understanding of practices and techniques for accounts payable.
- Minimum of three years of leadership experience supervising an accounts payable environment or a related function. Minimum of five years overall business experience.
- Strong technical aptitude with proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Ability and desire to participate as a team player and positively influence and support a team or project.
- Experience with JDA and Lawson accounts payable/general ledger software is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field a plus.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.