DescriptionThe Supervisor, Mail Order/OTC Pharmacy Distribution processes and dispenses or directly supports the processing and dispensing of Traditional and Over The Counter prescription orders to be mailed to patients' homes and handles complex and/or escalated issues. The Supervisor, Mail Order/OTC Pharmacy Distribution works within thorough, prescribed guidelines and procedures; uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors to solve basic problems; collaborates with management and top professionals/specialists in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
**ALL Candidates must be Certified and Arizona Licensed Pharmacy Technicians**
- Resolves problems related to drug interactions, dependencies, and department processes.
- Analyzes distribution and supports pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Assists Pharmacists in medication preparation and dispensing directly or through program/process development.
- May contact physicians for prescriptions clarification and may enter prescription orders into pharmacy system. Complies with all Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), federal, state, and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Decisions are typically are related to schedule, plans and daily operations.
- Performs escalated or more complex work of a similar nature, and supervises a group of typically support and technical associates; coordinates and provides day-to-day oversight to associates.
- Ensures consistency in execution across team.
- Holds team members accountable for following established policies.
Candidates for this position must have the following skills:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Arizona Licensed Pharmacy Technician
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous warehouse experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40