Supervisor - Maintenance Utility & Fuel Island
Join First Transit as a Fuel Island Supervisor assumes a leadership role among the service worker employees to coordinate the cleaning of interiors and exteriors of revenue vehicles, support vehicles, and fuel island work area.
.First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Hourly Wages
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fuel Island Supervisor major responsibilities:
- Work closely with the maintenance manager to execute scheduling, track employee attendance and provide information for staffing needs and overtime usage.
- Insure accurate record keeping of fluid usage, mileage data, and vehicle defect and detailing.
- Perform vehicle interior cleaning, including, but not limited to ceilings, lights, windows, walls, seats, floors, doors, step wells, dashboards, modesty panels, mirrors, and electrical radios/fareboxes.
- Inspect vehicle interiors and exteriors for defects and report to maintenance supervisor.
- Monitor revenue collection.
- Record vehicle mileage daily.
- Empty trash cans.
- Maintain a safe, clean, harassment free, “team” oriented environment.
- Train service worker employees in policy and procedures and the proper and safe use of relevant equipment.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Supervise service worker employees and productivity to ensure accurate and timely completion of job assignments and clean-up activities with follow-up inspection. Clearly communicate staff expectation in an effective manner.
- With the assistance of the maintenance supervisor and as directed by the maintenance manager, consistently and fairly initiate, where necessary, appropriate written and verbal disciplinary action and commendation with documentation per First Transit’s handbook and the CBA.
Fuel Island Supervisor job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Valid Driver's License; Have the ability to obtain CDL Class B
- Previous fleet maintenance / detailing / bus washing / fleet fueling experience strongly preferred
- Experience with supervising employees required
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.