DescriptionThe Supervisor, Medical Coding extracts clinical information from a variety of medical records and assigns appropriate procedural terminology and medical codes (e.g., ICD-10-CM, CPT) to patient records. The Supervisor, Medical Coding works within thorough, prescribed guidelines and procedures; uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors to solve basic problems; collaborates with management and top professionals/specialists in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
The Supervisor, Medical Coding confirms appropriate diagnosis related group (DRG) assignments. Analyzes, enters and manipulates database. Responds to or clarifies internal requests for medical information. Decisions are typically are related to schedule, plans and daily operations. Performs escalated or more complex work of a similar nature, and supervises a group of typically support and technical associates; coordinates and provides day-to-day oversight to associates. Ensures consistency in execution across team. Holds team members accountable for following established policies.
- Medicare Risk Adjustment, Documentation and Medicare Advantage experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- CPC, CRC or CCS-P Coding Certification
- Proven planning, preparation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and production goals
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel throughout the local market approximately 2-3 days weekly
- Flexibility to occasionally travel overnight for training and meetings
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting financial trends for health care costs, administrative expenses and quality/bonus performance
- Comprehensive knowledge of Medicare policies, processes and procedures
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40