Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) The Desktop Engineering Team is responsible for maintaining the endpoints for the organization throughout their entire lifecycle from image creation and deployment, to Tier 3 troubleshooting and patching. The Supervisor will provide leadership for the team and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as it engages in the tasks such as:
- Creating and updating standardized images for the organization
- Maintaining current patching on all endpoints
- Troubleshooting issues escalated from the Desktop Services team
- Packaging software to be deployed to endpoints
- Supervise and mentor team of Desktop Engineers to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Endpoint patching and remediation utilizing deployment systems including System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Application packaging utilizing SCCM
- Image creation, deployment, and maintenance utilizing Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and/or SCCM
- Establish and maintain team Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Change Management procedures for team.
- Analysis of Tier 3 issues escalated by Desktop Analyst staff
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience using SCCM to manage endpoints
- Application packaging experience using SCCM
- Experience with the Change Management process
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- 4+ years’ experience in desktop support
- PDQ Deploy
- Microsoft Deployment Services
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- ITIL Certification
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SCCM, System Center Configuration Manager, Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Change Management, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Application packaging, PDQ Deploy, ITIL, San Antonio, TX, Texas