Department:OH1MH_70010_002 Mcw Patient Registration
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Shift Hours: Monday - Friday: Requires on-call rotation
At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
Our Patient Financial Services Shift Supervisor is directly responsible for supervising all daily operations. This includes but is not limited to, staffing, automated time keeping, data integrity, staff training, staff quality reviews, assist in yearly associates review preparation, and department statistical reports. Ensures all staff levels are appropriate and assists in front line functions when appropriate. This includes but is not limited to filling in as a PFS when staff levels are short. The position optimizes staff performance through process redesign, policy/procedure implementation, communications, continuing education and professional development activities, staff empowerment and outcome feedback.
- Directs operations for providing adequate coverage for all Support Services jobs.
- Supervises the timekeeping system and documents tardiness and absences in employee
files. Under the direction of the manager, initiates progressive counseling per HR policies
and procedures to the verbal level and provides monthly updates to management.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the pre-certification matrix on a yearly basis, as
well as immediate updates throughout the year for changing insurance requirements.
- Monitors the performance of all Support Services associates to ensure productivity and
quality levels are appropriate. Identifies any changes needed and provides follow-up and
feedback to employees to ensure expected performance levels are met.
- Provides a high level of customer service and establishes effective working relationships
with other departments, physicians, staff, patient and families.
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of years of education and 3 years relevant experience. Bachelor's Degree in business or health administration preferred.
- Experience: 3 to 5 or more years health care experience in a progressive health care organization focusing on revenue cycle and patient access with three years in a leadership position preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, implement, and control the Patient Financial Support Services areas to function effectively in a management position in a large hospital environment.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, implement, and coordinate new programs as they relate to Patient Accounting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding.
- Working knowledge of utilization review, third-party payor requirements, and registration
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.