Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Data entry inputting key detail from documents into document database (i.e. medical records, correspondence)
- Research and handle returned mail
- Handle incoming / outgoing mail
- Meet required metrics and quality for production based environment
- Adherence to State and Federal compliance and contractual requirements
- Administrative support
- Process invoices; utilize SharePoint to submit payments for medical records
- May work on special projects as needed
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May support other teams as needed
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook (send emails and update calendar) and Microsoft Excel (data entry, filter / sort)
- Available to work 40 hours per week anytime within the operating hours of the site 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience using dual monitors
- Moderate proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ years of experience working in an office environment
- 6+ months of production based experience where work is measured by metrics
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to operational change
- Experience using dual monitors
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: data entry, mail, fax, production, queue, office, administrative, documents, database, Excel, SharePoint, process