Department:OH1MH_75001_001 Sterile Processing Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Surgical Services Assistant, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, will provide patient care tasks, in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. Functions within the standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines of the Organization.
- Performs specific patient care tasks as assigned under the direction of a Registered Nurse and follows approved policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Assists with room turnover.
- Maintains OR supply inventory and linen.
- Transports patients, specimens and x-rays to the appropriate department.
- Obtains and cleans equipment as requested; returns equipment to its proper location and helps to move equipment needed in the OR.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and math computation skills
- High school graduate or equivalency required.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’
lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.